Internships, Fellowships, Student Employment
Opportunities at University of Michigan
- Many (not all) of the projects for the Masters of Engineering in Applied Climate and the undergraduate program Climate Impacts Engineering will help students to compete for related paid internships and student hourly employment.
- Summer 2015 we expect projects on lake levels and adaptation planning for Apostle Islands National Lakeshore and Isle Royale National Park.
- Summer 2015 we expect projects on Building a Great Lakes Adaptation Data Suite (GLADS) for Informed Decision Making in the Great Lakes Region.
- Recommend that students pay attention to opportunities from the Graham Sustainability Institute
Opportunities not Associated with University of Michigan:
- Significant Opportunities in Atmospheric Research and Science Located at National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, CO. The application for SOARS 2015 is now open and the deadline to apply is February 1, 2015. Please read the instructions below for all requirements before applying. Link to SOARS Applications
- The Great Lakes Summer Fellows ProgramLocated at Ann Arbor, Muskegon, Milwaukee, Syracuse. The Great Lakes Summer Fellows Program exposes students to a broad range of fields and provides an exciting opportunity for students to conduct research in the Great Lakes region under the mentorship of a researcher or working professional. 2015 Position Descriptions
Programs Where Our Students Have Had Success
Internships at NASA Centers Earth science, space science, a lot of opportunities here!
Ph.D. Required Opportunities
American Meteorological Society Congressional Fellows Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent in the atmospheric or related sciences, be a member of AMS (or applying), be a U.S. citizen, and be comfortable working with people from a diverse professional backgrounds and under demanding deadlines. Deadline March 15, 2015
American Geophysical Union Congressional Science Fellows The Fellowship program enables more effective use of scientific knowledge in government and provides a unique experience to scientists seeking careers involving public use of technical information. Applications Close February 1
AAAS Science and Technology Fellowships Provides opportunities for scientists and engineers to learn first-hand about policymaking and implementation while contributing their knowledge and analytical skills to policymakers. Accepting applications for the 2016-17 AAAS Fellowships on May 1. The application deadline is November 1, 12:00 midnight Eastern Daylight Time.
American Institute of Physics Congressional Science Fellows Membership in one or more of the 10 AIP Member Societies at time of application / PhD in physics or closely-related field prior to start of Fellowship term (in exceptional cases PhD requirement waived for outstanding candidates with equivalent research experience) / Interest or experience in applying scientific knowledge to the solution of societal problems / January 15 of the year of the Fellowship term